AIMS AND IDEALS OS SELF-REALIZATION FELLOWSHIP
As set forth by Paramahansa Yogananda, Founder
Sri Mrinalini Mata, President
- To disseminate among the nations a knowledge of definite scientific techniques for attaining direct personal experience of God.
- To teach that the purpose of life is the evolution, through self-effort, of man’s limited mortal consciousness into God Consciousness; and to this end to establish Self-Realization Fellowship temples for God-communion throughout the world, and to encourage the establishment of individual temples of God in the homes and in the hearts of men.
- To reveal the complete harmony and basic oneness of original Christianity as taught by Jesus Christ and original Yoga as taught by Bhagavan Krishna; and to show that these principles of truth are the common scientific foundation of all true religions.
- To point out the one divine highway to which all paths of true religious beliefs eventually lead: the highway of daily, scientific, devotional meditation on God.
- To liberate man from his threefold suffering: physical disease, mental inharmonies, and spiritual ignorance
- To encourage “plain living and high thinking”; and to spread a spirit of brotherhood among all peoples by teaching the eternal basis of their unity: kinship with God
- To demonstrate the superiority of mind over body, of soul over mind
- To overcome evil by good, sorrow by joy, cruelty by kindness, ignorance by wisdom
- To unite science and religion through realization of the unity of their underlying principles
- To advocate cultural and spiritual understanding between East and West, and the exchange of their finest distinctive features
- To serve mankind as one’s larger Self